Keep us, and your neighbors, in the know.
- News tips
- Community Events
- Become a blogger
- Submit a story
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WECT) - The Brunswick County Board of Education has released the agenda for its meeting Tuesday night, according to a press release from a county school board spokesperson.
The meeting will start at 6:30 p.m. at the County Commissioners’ Chambers, located at 30 Courthouse Drive in Bolivia.
The following is the agenda that the meeting will be structured around:
Call to Order
Mrs. Shirley Babson, Chairperson of the Board
Pledge of Allegiance
1. Laura Hunter
2. Amanda Brown
3. Ray Gilbert
4. Tom Simmons
5. Lorene Williams
Approval of the Meeting Agenda
Approval of Minutes
CONSENT ITEMS: For Approval
ACTION ITEMS: For Approval
1. Policies on 2nd Reading (request waiver of 1st reading)
2. SRO Contracts
3. Health Department MOA
4. Brunswick County Parks and Recreation MOA
5. Child Nutrition Contracts
6. Approval of 2012-2013 Budget Resolution
DISCUSSION/ANNOUNCEMENTS BY SUPERINTENDENT AND BOARD MEMBERS
1. August Committee Meetings - August 21, 2012
2. Board Retreat – Date to be determined
3. November Board meeting rescheduled for November 13th due to elections on November 6th.
The Board will enter closed session pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(1) to preserve
confidential student information pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §115C-402, pursuant to §143-318.11
(a)(3) to preserve attorney-client privilege and pursuant to §143-318.11(a)(6) to consider confidential