Photo Gallery | Leland home considered a total loss following fire
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WECT) – Fire crews say that a home where a fire sparked in the 8990 block of Hooper Road Wednesday afternoon is now a total loss.
One person was home when the fire started around 2:30 p.m., according to Charles Herzig with the Northwest Fire Department.
That man was reportedly sleeping when the blaze started, and was able to escape by breaking through a glass window. He has some cuts and scratches on his hands, but no further injuries.
How the fire began remains unknown at this time.
Crews are still investigating.
Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.